*MINI HIATUS! Back later. :)
Welcome to my tumblr. :) I will reblog/post about anything that suits my fancy. Pictures are never mine unless stated. Just fyi! If you have a question, feel free to ask and I wish you a nice day. :)
REAL TALK IF THERES A FIRE AT MY SCHOOL I AM NOT WALKING IN AN ORDERLY FASHION AND THEN GETTING MY NAME MARKED OFF IM RUNNING FOR MY LIFE AND IM TAKING MY GOD DAMN BAG WITH ME
one time there was an unscheduled fire alarm and i just happened to have my bag on my shoulder when it went off so my teacher made me go back into what, to his knowledge, was a burning building so i could put my bag back
when she says she doesn’t send nudes
when guys objectify women and expect them to send nudes
when someone asks you about your nuclear plans for russia
When Russia sends you nudes
What the hell just happened?
Russia sent nudes
the concept of liking someone and them liking you back and you deciding to date each other literally just fucking baffles me because it has never once happened for me in my entire life
how are you all doing this
how are you people making it look so easy
how are you finding people who like you back and want to date you and then actually do it
Here are some wonderful facts about Sea World’s orcas!
- The average lifespan of wild orcas ranges from 30-50 years, although some females can easily make it past 80 (a wild orca named J2 or ‘Granny’ is 103 this year!). The lifespan of a Sea World orca is around 25 years, the median age being 9. But at least they put on a good show!
- Don’t worry, collapsed dorsal fins are a common condition, although in the wild only sick or injured orcas have collapsed dorsal fins. All of Sea World’s males and some females have it, it makes them look unique!
- The size of Sea World’s tanks compared to an orca is about the same as a human to a bathtub. Lot’s of room to stretch and move!
- Wild orcas swim 100+ miles a day, they would have to swim around their tank 1,400+ times a day to achieve that. But that seems like a lot of work, and you may see the animals hanging out near the surface of the water or on the bottoms of their tanks for hours. That’s a lot more relaxing than swimming all those miles!
- Sea World gives their orcas a Valium-like drug to stop the whales from acting aggressively towards each other and to numb their minds from their vastly uninteresting concrete tanks. Buying a ticket to Sea World is an excellent way to help them pay for these drugs that they pump their animals full with!
- Many captive orcas show abnormal behaviors like head bobbing, chewing on concrete, and self mutilation by banging their heads into the side of the tank. Obviously just temper-tantrums! Silly things.
- In the wild, there has been only one orca attack. Bad orca! While in captivity, there have been over 100 attacks and 4 deaths. These animals just need more training, it couldn’t possibly be related to their confinement!
- Food is used as reinforcement for tricks. Do a trick, get your dinner. Don’t want to do a trick? I guess you don’t eat tonight you stubborn thing!
See? Sea World isn’t as bad as people make it out to be! Oh, one more fact: for every $1,000,000 Sea World makes, about $600 goes into conservation efforts (about $0.5 a ticket). I’m so glad they care about conservation of the ocean! Amazing work!
If you haven’t realized it yet, this post is 100% sarcastic. It should be obvious, but not everyone understands sarcasm…
Please don’t let this die
when I started reading this I was like ew what even is up with this person but then I got further down and realised it was all satire. So yeah. This is important.
Do whatever you want damnit.
Fill your body with fruit. Eat cookies all day. Pack your stuff and go see the world. Game all day with the blinds shut. Meet new people. Run through a flower field until your legs fall off. Get an office job. Sleep until 2pm.
Just do what makes you hella happy, for fuck sake.
[ Doctor Who!AU ] for anon
( The request was them in the doctor who universe so you guys can choose who do you think they would be or who they fit. If the anon who requested told me who would they want it would be nice too, leaving it like this looks a bit inconsistent. )
Anxiety & Helping Someone Cope.
I didn’t want to make it overwhelming or too long remember, so I kept it to the main points that benefit me greatly when I’m experiencing an attack.
40 million of Americans alone suffer with anxiety; it’s a horrid feeling when you know someone just wants to help you but you cannot even construct a simple sentence at the time, so please share this in hope that it benefits even just 1 person. Muchos love.
"I think what we need is a colorblind society." Now folks, when you hear somebody say that you know you’re listening to a racist…
THIS WAS IN
NINETEEN FUCKING NINETY-TWO
Jane Elliot is the fucking truth
she goes “i know this maybe hard for you because white males are accustomed to telling people things not listening to people so let me break it down for you”
i have died and she has resurrected me
There was a time in the early 90’s where people were really talking about race and what it meant to be black."white males are accustomed to telling people things not listening to people." goddamn yesThis is a great ally.Jane Elliott has been going HARD in the Paintsince right after MLK’s assassination in 1968.
Respect is owed and must be given.